The total distance of the Kedarnath trek is approximately 18 km. It starts from Gaurikund and ends at Kedarnath. The trek passes through many small villages and beautiful landscapes and takes about two days to complete. Kedarnath Trek distance is 22km from Sonprayag. The trekking time to Kedarnath ji is abour 8-10 hours. depend on fitness level, age etc.
Kedarnath Yatra starting point
Gaurikund: Gaurikund is a small village located at the start of the Kedarnath trek. It is situated at an altitude of about 1829 m and is the base for the Kedarnath trek. It is believed to have been named after Lord Shiva’s vehicle, a bull named Nandi, which is also known as ‘Gauri’.
On the way to Kedarnath, you will come across several snow glaciers, These glaciers feed the some streams and fresh water Nala’s. In monsoon or rainy time these small streams becomes big. But during winter it gets good snow, this snow accomodate their due to the valley shape. So it forms a bridge which work as a natural bridge to cross these streams.
There are several beautiful lakes along the Kedarnath trek. Some of the prominent ones are Chorabari Tal, Chirbasa Waterfall and Neelkanth Waterfall.
On the way to Kedarnath, you will come across several lush green popular meadows.
Kedarnath yatra important guideline
kedarnath yatra guidelines atiquates to the pilgrims
1. Start the journey early in the morning.
2. Wear proper clothing – thermal wear, raincoats, woollen clothes and proper shoes.
3. Carry a day pack that contains packed meals, drinking water and essential medicines.
4. Walk in a group, preferably with a guide.
5. Stick to the designated routes and don’t venture off on your own.
6. Take regular breaks and rest on the way.
7. Carry a first aid kit with basic supplies.
8. Stay in the lodging facilities offered at Kedarnath or en route to it.
9. Be aware of the weather conditions and carry appropriate rain gear.
10. Hire a guide to help you with the terrain.
To do the kedarnath registration you have to register yourself on the govt portal. Kedarnath Yatra get the very high number of registartion so do your registartion as soon as possible.